Fish in a healthy gravyThis recipe does not include coconut for its gravy,instead , it uses thick curds(yogurt).
That's why I call it healthy. You can use any type of fish which has less bones, like Seer fish or King fish (வஞ்சரம்), or Pomfret (வவ்வால் மீன் ). I have used Salmon fish for this recipe.
Ingredients 1 :
Salmon fish cubes - 1/2 kg (1 lb)
Onion- 2 large
Tomato - 2 large
Curry leaves - 2 sticks
Curd (Yogurt) - 1/2 cup
Cilantro - 2 tbsp(chopped)
Ingredient 2 :
Garlic flakes - 4
Cinnamon Stick - 2 inch piece
Cloves - 4
Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
Black pepper corns - 6
Coriander seeds - 4 tbsp
Red chillies - 4
Green Chillies - 4
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Method of preparation
1. Cut the salmon into cubes and marinate with salt and turmeric.
2. Grind all the items in ingredient 2 into a fine paste.
3. Chop the onions and tomato . Beat the thick curd without any lumps and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a skillet and put the curry leaves and chopped onions, saute till it turns pink.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes, saute well. Then, add the ground paste and saute.
6. Now, after the raw smell of the paste goes, add the beaten curd and switch off the stove .
7. Now, add the marinated fish cubes into the skillet and mix well, so that all the fish cubes are well coated with the paste.
8. Now, switch on the stove and cook the fish till it is done.
9. Remember to cook this dish only in medium flame.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves (cilantro)
Isn't it a healthy and yummy , easy-to make gravy?
1. Salmon contains the highest levels of Omega-3 fatty acids,
2. Consumption of Salmon during the third trimester of pregnancy, is essential.
3. During this stage, brain development, nervous system development and retinas of the eye
development take place. So, omega 3 fatty acids are very important.