This is yet another healthy dish. Everybody likes pongal. But, instead of rice and making pongal, I am going to now tell you how to prepare pongal with wheat rava.
You will need :
Wheat Rava - 1 1/4 cup
Yellow Moong Dal (paasi paruppu) - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp (optional)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Pepper corns - 8 - 10 (crushed)
Ginger grated / crushed - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds ( jeera) - 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves - few
Green chillies - 2 small (chopped)
Onion finely chopped (optional)
Water - 3 cups
Salt - as per taste
1. First wash the moong dal and add 1 cup of water and pressure cook. Keep aside.
2. Then in a pan, heat the oil and put the cumin seeds, curry leaves and crushed pepper.
3. Add the grated ginger and chopped onion(if you are using chopped onion) and saute it.
4. Now add salt, the cooked dal and the 3 cups of water and let it come to a boil.
5. Now add the wheat rava and keep stirring to avoid any lumps. First, it will be watery then it will
6. Finally, add the ghee and mix well. The best combination with this is coconut chutney.
Happy and healthy breakfast / evening tiffin/dinner is ready ...