HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL THE VIEWERSDiwali is nearing. Let 's see some snacks and sweets for Diwali.
The first snack is Karachevu ( காராச்சேவு ).
Ingredients : Besan (kadalai maavu) - 1 cup
Rice Flour - 1 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Ajwain(omam) - 1 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
Hot oil - 2 tbsp
Let see how to prepare :
1. Mix all the ingredients and make a dough.
2. Make sure the consistency of the dough is perfect . Otherwise the dough won't pass through the mould / presser.
3. Now, heat the oil in a deep frying pan , pass the dough thru the presser, fry them in oil until it is gold
4. Use a bowl with tissue paper in it , to keep the fried karachevu and drain the excess oil.
5. After it cools, store in airtight container.
TIP : Since we are using besan and rice flour in the same ratio, it will remain crispy and crunchy for longer time.
Enjoy this snack for Diwali and give your feedback.