Are you feeling bored at home and are you a sweet lover??? Then here comes a simple and easy to make sweet dish. You need not go to the store for the ingredients....
We are going to see how to make yummy and healthy wheat bread jamun at home. The reason why i chose wheat bread is that , now-a-days many people have switched to wheat bread from white maida bread so, we might have it at all times at home.
The ingredients we need are very commonly available at home.
Wheat bread - 4 slices , cut off the crust and corners
Sugar - 1 cup
water - 1 cup for making sugar syrup
food colour - orange (kesari colour)
cardamom - 2
1. Cut the corners of the bread slices.
2. Dip the bread slices in a little water(use a shallow bowl) and take out immediately.
3. Squeeze out as much water as you can.
4. Make a soft dough and roll into small balls.
5. Deep fry these balls in low heat. Remember, these balls will become dark brown very soon,
since it is wheat bread. So, the heat should be sim.
6. Keep the fried balls aside.
7. With the sugar and water, make a syrup in 1/2 string consistency. Add the food colour mixed in little water and also the crushed cardamom seeds in the syrup while it is boiling.
8. Now, the fried balls would have cooled down. Add them into the syrup, while the syrup is hot.
*Remember, either the balls or the syrup should be hot, not both.
*One more important information i want to tell you is that the balls will not become big after it is
soaked, unlike the regular gulab jamun.
*You can eat these brown jamuns within half an hour of soaking.
*If you are expecting a sudden guest, you can treat them with these brown jamuns in no time....