Rice Flour (Raw rice) - 2 cups
Urad Dal flour - 1/4 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 stick (1/4 cup), at room temperature
Red chillies - 2 tsp (or as per taste)
Curry leaves - 1/4 cup (washed and chopped)
Channa Dal (bengal gram) - 3 tsp(soaked in a little water)
Asafoetida (hing) powder - 1 tsp
Cooking oil - for deep frying
Now, let's see how to prepare this snack
1. Mix all flours, salt, chilli powder, hing, and mix well.
2. Now add the curry leaves, soaked channa dal , and butter.
3. Mix all ingredients well adding a little water(use a spoon), make a dough.
4. Take small balls of this dough and flatten them on a ziploc bag or any
plastic sheet,or butter paper.
5. Poke them all over with a fork. This will avoid the thattais from forming like pooris when frying.
6. Deep fry them in oil until they are golden brown in colour.
7. The delicious snack is ready to eat.
8. Store in air tight container.