செட்டிநாட்டு கோழிக் குழம்பு
This is a very simple chicken kuzhambu, which I learnt from my father and my grandmother.
This includes easily available ingredients. It also doesn't contains coconut in the recipe. I have used chicken thighs (legs) for this recipe. But, you can use chicken breasts with bones, or whichever you like.
Always choose skinless chicken pieces, as far as possible. The skin contains fat. So, it is better to avoid the skin .
This kuzhambu goes well as a side dish with idli, dosa, chapathi, idiyappam,parota,and also with white rice.
OK........... Let's see how this yummy dish is prepared.
Chicken legs - 3
Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 1 medium
Garlic crushed- 1 tbsp
Ginger crushed - 1 tbsp
Curry leaves - 2 sticks
Salt - to taste
Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Dhania Powder - 3 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
For Seasoning -
Fenugreek Seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
1. Wash the chicken and marinate with salt and turmeric and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and put the ingredients for seasoning.
3. Then add the chopped onion, saute till it becomes pink in colour.
4. Then add the crushed ginger and garlic , saute.
5. Then add the chopped tomatoes, saute well. If you need the tomatoes to become nice and soft quickly, add little salt , when you add tomatoes.
6. Now, add the marinated chicken legs / pieces and saute till the pieces lose their raw colour.
7. Now, add all the masala powders and saute. Add required water (3 cups) and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
8. The chicken will become tender - cooked in 10 minutes, which will be easy to chew for kids .
9. The kuzhambu is ready to serve.